We are hiring a part-time facilitator for 30 hours per week. This is a remote position open to applicants throughout British Columbia.
This position will be for a two year period of time to coincide with a grant project that our team is currently undertaking. Vela is seeking a creative and adaptable individual to join our team during this time. Our facilitators are responsible for assisting individuals and families to explore the available support options, and to help mentor them throughout the process of creating the supports they envision.
The position will be mainly remote, but will also involve some travel for occasional meetings taking place in families’ homes and government offices, as well as staff meetings held in the Lower Mainland approximately twice per year.
- Assist people with disabilities and their network to explore the options available in self-directed supports.
- Assist individuals and families to set up, and maintain, Microboards and Individualized Funding supports.
- Assist families through the criminal record check application process with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.
- Host gatherings and workshops on topics relevant to Microboards and Individualized Funding users.
- Be knowledgeable about, and be able to mentor families in, the legislation governing employers in British Columbia.
- Maintain positive relationships with our stakeholders, including Community Living British Columbia, the Ministry of Children and Family Development, and the Ministry of Health.
The Successful Applicant Must:
- Have experience supporting individuals with disabilities, and their families/networks, to assist them in achieving self-directed supports and services.
- Demonstrate experience grounded in a Person Centered Thinking approach.
- Be self-motivated, adaptable, and able to work effectively with a team.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be computer literate and able to work with word-processing software including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Assets for the Position:
- Experience and/or a strong understanding of Microboards and the philosophy behind our concept.
- Experience with Community Living BC, Ministry of Child and Family Development, and the Ministry of Health.
- Experience with applicable provincial and federal employment legislation (WorkSafe BC, Employment Standards, Canada Revenue Agency, Criminal Records Review Program).
The wage for this position will start at $28/hr and will also include extended health benefits, and reimbursement for cell phone.
If you enjoy a flexible work week (which can sometimes include evenings and weekends), working in an ever-evolving environment, and being part of a dynamic and supportive team, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 15, 2023. Vela welcomes all applications, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted in late June and the position start date will be July 2023.