Along with our work directly supporting people and families interested in Microboards and Individualized Funding, we provide presentations and workshops on a variety of related topics.
We offer two options for other organizations to learn about our services:
1. Provincial workshops and presentations on a variety of related topics.
2. National and International consulting to assist organizations to a human service system that supports full citizenship for people with disabilities.
There is no charge for presentations or workshops on the following topics in the province of BC. Our funders’ and fundraising efforts cover these costs.
- What is a Vela Microboard?: A Basic Introduction
- What is Individualized Funding?
- Introduction to Vela Microboards and Individualized Funding
- Families as Employers
- First Steps for Hiring Employees
- Introduction to Employment Standards
- Employment Standards Classifications
- Employment Documents – Hiring
- Job Ads and Interviews
- Understanding Respite
Other presentations and workshops we provide on a cost recovery basis include:
- Speaking Up For Yourself
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Person-Centred Planning
- Community Integration, What Does It Mean?
- Team Building
- Developing A Vision
- Friendship Building
- Everyone Can Win
To learn more about our consulting services please contact us: